Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vegan Cookbooks

The Delivery: The Lean: a Revolutionary and Simple 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss by Kathy Freston, The Inspired Vegan by Bryant Terry, Raw Foods on a Budget by Brandi Rollins, and Alternative Vegan by Dino Sarma Weierman
Staff Pick: The Lean!

The DL: We all know that there at least 75 reasons being veg is awesome, and now we can add a growing selection of amazing vegan cookbooks to that list. Last year, the vegan world was privy to a variety of cookbook gems—the much-coveted Candle 79 cookbook and the Spork sisters' first book, just to name a couple. This year, VegNews’ 2011 Person of the Year Kathy Freston is following up her hit book Veganist with The Lean, a recipe-book, weight-loss guide hybrid with page after page of good advice. With meals such as Citrus Ginger Tofu and Morroccan Vegetable Tagine, committing to Freston’s 30-day weight-loss plan sure sounds a lot more appealing than going to the gym.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another book by Kathy Freston is music to my ears. What a powerhouse for a positive role model! I can't wait to try the recipes you spoke of. Can anyone tell me more about the chef who wrote them? I believe her name is Dayna McLeod. I have never heard of her before, have you?

Estelle Hayes said...

Dayna McLeod is an amazing vegan chef. I can't wait to get my hands on the book so I can try her recipes at home.